All the processes on the pottery end up with a process called glazing. Glazing of the ceramics is the most important process in the manufacture of the ceramics, as the strength and integrity of the ready product depend on it.
Glazing isa heating of a product to a temperature at which the clay is sintered to durable state and becomes resistant to water. Glazing is performed in ovens, which can be different types: wood, gas, electric, tunnel, ring, and others.
When roasting it’s necessary to consider a few things:
- Quality of clay. Different varieties of clays behave differently in an oven. Thus some types of clay need 4-hour burning in an oven at temperatures 700-800°Cand others require a long or repeated burning at high temperatures up to 1250 °C. You can determine the optimal mode of ceramics’ burning only in a practical way. Elegia Grand is engaged into ceramics manufacture for over 15 years, so we guarantee the quality of our products. You can be absolutely sure of the strength, water resistance of our products that will please you for many years.
- The glazing temperature. Roasting of the semi-porcelain products is made only once in an electric ovens at the temperatures from 780°Cand up to 1250°C (automatically). If the roasting temperature is higher than normal, ceramic products will be deformed and may crack; when the temperature is low, the product becomes not enough strong.
- Smoothness of the burning. Burning should take place based on the principle “heating - roasting – cooling” without temperature extremes. The smoother the burning, the more the product will remain intact. At a temperature of 300°C a water from the clay is evaporate; and at the temperatures 550-580°C recrystallization of alumina, crock silicon and removal of chemical water happens. Upon cooling, the oven cannot be opened, because sudden changes in a temperature can cause cracking of the products.
Certainly, when you buy ceramic dishes, you face some ceramics defects. Most often, they occur as a result of improper roasting. These defects include: large cracks in the products (3-5 mm),hair cracks, holes resulting residue bubbles in the ceramics, distortion of the products, unbalanced thickness of an item, the traces of the heating elements, non-integrality of the product.
ElegiaGrand offers its services for the production of ceramics:
- creation of new ceramic products;
- product’s sample preparation and manufacture of one or more forms of the casting;
- decorating of the ceramics;
- production and application of the decals;
- high-temperature roasting.
Since 2000 we work in the Ukrainian market and during that time the quality of our products has increased several times. We continue to improve it annually and we give joy to people with our best ceramics.